Here we are, it's 3:15am and where am I right now? Awake, blogging and perseverating in my mind- as I'm sure my husband is too- about the infamous question: to buy or not to buy.
After 85 + homes, the pros outweigh the cons, walking in the door put a smile on my face and we both left with the same feeling "we could live here". No home is perfect, but this one seems to be for us. Since our walk though on Sunday, I can't get it out of my head, it's all I think about and dwell on. I really can see my life in that house. Well that is a first, after many, many duds.
This is sort of like finding your spouse. You date a fair number of potential options and then one day it hits you...he's the one! Home buying is kind of like this too. Just like porridge, really. Some too big, too small, too expensive, too much to do to move in....and then...to find 'the one'.
But how do you know it is THE ONE? Given my emotional attachment (i hear that is bad) I think it's been found. It's such a huge plunge, a giant leap into adulthood, the most expensive item ever purchased in our lives......AAAAAAH! No wonder I have insomnia right now!
Of course, those who know me best also know I am a frequent sufferer of 'buyers remorse' and occasionally return things or mull over choosing "which one". Again, at least I have a reason for my insomnia tonight! We hope that 'sleeping on it' will allow it all to sink in and find a place within ourselves where we feel comfortable to take the leap, put out an offer only to then.....wait. In the meantime hoping and praying that someone doesn't do it first and scoop it right out from underneath us....aaaah! This is so stressful!
Truth be told, I've never been so excited about a house before. I really think this one could be our home. Prayers tonight for guidance that this is all right and the way it should be.
The future is bright.
Good luck to you guys. We totally know your pain of getting your first house. You are just going to love it. Please keep us posted and please send me your new address we will have to get you a house warming gift. Good luck and try not to get frustrated. It is a very hard process. We lost a couple of houses first and you are in a lot better of a market to buy right now than when we bought our house. It all works out best in the end. Talk to you soon. :)
ReplyDeletewow, sounds exciting kim!!! can't wait to hear how it goes. sending love and hugs! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! Might be easier right now too if I was in Seattle...came home to MA to visit family. Makes the 2nd look pre-offer a little harder as we need to wait till I get back. We're excited, just nervous and anxious. Big hugs to you too!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Emily on baby!!!!! xo
wow-yes, being in MA does make it difficult. How exciting for you though. I'm glad you feel like you have found "the one" and Pat agrees. Now you know it is possible! Can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDelete