
Just got back from Texas after a week long conference. I'm not really sure I like that state as I was trapped in an industrial park hotel (which was very nice) outside of Dallas. We escaped one night for a $30 cab ride to another middle of no-where town which was Grapevine, your classic little Texas town with the water tower in the backdrop. If I saw a tumbleweed go by I think my experience would have been perfect.
Thankfully food was delicious at the conference and quite plentiful. Keeping up with my training program wasn't so easy. I thought about running outside, but I was not prepared for the dark morning conditions in an unfamiliar area. I managed to hit their tiny gym at 6a one morning, with another 20 people, so I cross trained on a stationary bike till the treadmill opened up. I ran for about 8 minutes till I excused myself back to my room. The bike work out was excellent, but jumping on the treadmill right after was a mistake as the muscle memory from the bike made my legs feel like bricks. It was hot in the little workout room and before I passed out or fell off the treadmill I just terminated the workout. (That would have been embarrassing! )
It was a long week and disappointing on the diet and exercise front. I returned home late Friday though to a little treat. A friend of mine and fellow runner, sent me a little gift in the mail. It was a total surprise and the best encouragement and inspiration that I needed to stay on target! A running headband which also keeps the ears warm and covered. "Live, Laugh, Run" Thank you M! Kudos to her for running in the Hyannis 1/2 marathon today in February winter conditions!!
No comments:
Post a Comment