Who am I?

A wife, soon to be mother, daughter, sister, friend, cook, reader, photographer, runner, orchid lover, moonbeam driving, traveling, adventure seeking-so long as it's safe- gal.



Monday, November 1, 2010

A personality

Yes, why thank you, I have welcomed myself back to blogging too!

It has been quite awhile. I'm still trying to feel out what I'd like to blog about. Finding my voice has been a challenge. I've finally decided what will excite me, photography and delicious recipes! I can post my photos, share what I think is fantastic about them as well as share healthy, yummy recipes that I've come across or made that might excite you too- some of them may even be weight watcher appropriate. (AND take PHOTOS of my favorite dishes!) On occasion I will rant, about 'whatever' but hey it's my blog and I can do so if I want :)


I'm sitting in my fine circa 1950s-1970s rented home, and recently cooked a great pasta dish. I'm returning to MA tomorrow for a week visit and thought I'd be a good wife and cook something for my husband! I'll give the shout out to Rachael Ray for the recipe, it's a good one and super easy. (see the link to the recipe below!)



Bacon and Leek Pasta....yumm (leeks are a kind of mild onion)
super easy, delicious and makes enough for plenty of left overs.


Ingredients:



3 leeks
1 can of crushed tomatoes (garlic and herb)
1 lb of whole wheat pasta
6 slices of bacon (ok I used a lot more than that!)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped or sliced)
2 turns of the pan EVOO (olive oil!)
basically: cook the bacon with a little olive oil till crispy, add the cleansed chopped leeks, add tomatoes. pepper generously add garlic. Then add pasta...yumm!
I withheld the parsley because I'm lazy, might be even more delicious!

Here are some pics!






ok still learning how to arrange stuff.



You get the idea!













I am very much looking forward to my East coast visit. I love Seattle but miss my peeps!

Maybe when I return there will be more reasonably priced newly remodeled, attractive homes on the market in the zip code we are interested in, till then, we wait, semi-patiently!


Don't you just love the changing of the seasons? Me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment