Who am I?

A wife, soon to be mother, daughter, sister, friend, cook, reader, photographer, runner, orchid lover, moonbeam driving, traveling, adventure seeking-so long as it's safe- gal.



Monday, August 2, 2010

Girl Crush

Yes, it has happened. I have a girl crush. Ha! More so, I finally have a famous person that I just really like. And drum roll please, who could this famous person be?... Chelsea Clinton.

As you know, Chelsea had the celebrity 'wedding of the year' this past weekend in upstate NY. She hasn't been in the lime light as much as other celebrity profiles, probably because she is well behaved! Seems these days only the infamous make the papers. Growing up in the 90s with Clinton in the White house, the whole world watched Chelsea at her father's side. Rather, Chelsea had the joy of going through puberty on TV. Poor gal.

However, what a beautiful, classy and admirable woman she has become. Chelsea has had a life of privilege, an opportunity to not just watch but to be part of history at the side of her parents, who for better or worse, were and are our world leaders. Given her birthright advantage she also had to grow up and become her own person; always in the media and in the shadow of her famous parents. Chelsea has done so with grace.

If there was a female version of JFK Jr-God rest his soul-it is Chelsea. At least in my opinion anyway! And this is why she is my girl crush :) I laugh when I hear this description as it reminds me of a 'man crush'. My husband coined this term in our household with regards to his own fascination, at times with one sports hero or another. As most of you who know me best, I am terrible at pop culture in 'who sings what or plays in what movie" and for goodness sake I haven't even seen 1/2 of the American classics..cough cough..Starwars..for example.

To really follow, admire and have interest in a celebrity, this is a big step for me. If a biography comes out I'm pretty sure I'll be one to own it! In the meantime, I'll enjoy the well behaved, graceful and classy figure that she is. Between Michelle Obama and Chelsea Clinton there are two great roll models for young girls everywhere to be intelligent, strong, beautiful, powerful, graceful and full of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment