Who am I?

A wife, soon to be mother, daughter, sister, friend, cook, reader, photographer, runner, orchid lover, moonbeam driving, traveling, adventure seeking-so long as it's safe- gal.



Friday, January 14, 2011

A 'losing' battle

So I had a little event with the weight watcher lady this week.
After 22 months of paying for an 'unlimited' membership ($39.99/month)the lady at the weigh in said to me :

"You are a lifetime member (don't have to pay anymore) and have been for along time"
Me: "I don't think I am" (thinking to self, 'yeah, you definitely are NOT at goal and haven't been..)"
Lady: "well you are" click, click... "Here is your new card"
Me: "Wow, thanks, whatever you say, when did I become a lifetime member"
Lady: "months ago when you held your weight at 1#4 for a long time...."
(Since I'm over goal, I still have to pay weekly now, till I loose 1 more lbs, then it's free!)

Me: "Ok... Thanks!"

I didn't care whether she was wrong or right, someone was going to help me not have to pay the full amount every month...sweet. Now this is certainly not a proud moment. I realize I have not made it to 'goal' and had adjusted my goal months back and think the computer didn't recognize the new change, only saw that I had held and maintained this new goal (artificial really, would like to weigh less but will settle for this computer 'goal' so that I can be a lifetime and stop paying.)I'm then advised to call the WW office and ask for a refund....

Well that was an interesting phone call. Embarrassing really, and I was probably misinformed initially by staff overall when told I was a lifetime (not surprised), but I did get a few months refunded. Since I'm above my 'goal' computer weight I still have to pay weekly when I weigh in. It's a total trick, I mean if you didn't loose and you're not working the plan, to 'quit' WW just sounds so lame, so I never did even during those times when I wasn't truly dedicated. In November I had my "Aha" moment and here we are. I'm still pretty sure I've paid my dues to the program and am a total advocate for the lifestyle changes they promote, especially with the points plus system.

All in all, I am technically, by the computer, a registered lifetime member (no cheers please) and someday I will emotionally be one too when I actually loose down to my real goal. Till then, I'm sticking to the plan, and its working. Down 1.2 this week and feeling great. I actually recruited my wonderful husband to the challenge and he is making major lifetime changes too. It's a marathon, not a sprint and we hope there to be less of us in the coming months...stay tuned!

As for the running. Week 1 of the couch to 5K was a success! 2 days outside in temps in the high 30s, 1 day at the gym sweating with all the UW co-eds. I also hit the pool for some water cross training and went skiing on my other day. Not too bad I might say so myself!
Week 2 Day 1 was yesterday, felt great. Oh and the best news of all....drum roll please....
My very dear friend Liz and running partner in the 1/2 marathon last year has signed up officially as well!!! Best news ever!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I would say it is the best new of ALL... ;)

    I'd say that accomplishing week 1 of training is awesome--you did way better than I did. You are my inspiration for this coming week! (At least until we go skiing --then we'll be working out every day!)

    ReplyDelete