
I recently celebrated my 31st birthday, or as I like to call it...the 2nd anniversary to my 29th! During a work week of epic proportion, I had a 'day off' which meant I spent it in an all day meeting. I was lucky to have my phone and Internet access, though. Despite being stuck in a windowless room, I had access to the outside world. Normally I'd receive 10-15 'junk' emails of ads or other delete-able quality. This day was different, it was my birthday. Thanks to Facebook, birthdays are more than just family and immediate friends remembering your day, but MANY friends, some near and mostly from afar. I received over 75 FB posts and messages just reminding me of all those who care. I remembered last year being overwhelmed by messages, but this year for some reason it meant so much more. (thank you FB, you make Bday's great ;)
During the holiday season, seems as though everyone makes such a deal about the presents they buy or the christmas parties to attend. More than ever, I realize it's the people in my life that make life so much more joyful and important. I am so grateful to my friends and family who continue, on a daily basis, to remind me that friendship and love are truly what is most fulfilling. It's not the gifts..... it's the bonds between friends and spending time with friends and family - that is the best gift of all.
I've also been lucky that 2 years in a row my brother just happened to be in Seattle on my Birthday. I might just start to expect this :) Also special Thank you to my wonderful hubby for organizing a little Bday dinner at our favorite watering hole; And to my friends, with families and busy jobs of their own, to take a night off-mid week -and spend it with us!
Might not seem like a lot, but it made my day.
To my friends and family, you are the best!
Merry Christmas xo
No comments:
Post a Comment